The International Nail Society (INS) is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting research and education on the basic science - clinical and pathological aspects of the nail. Via its activities the INS aims to increase awareness regarding nail diseases and assist healthcare professionals in the treatment of nail disorders.
The Society’s main purpose is to create and enhance co-operation between all health care professionals interested in normal and pathological nails, locally, nationally and internationally.
INS supports and facilitates research and education through the following actions:
- Increase of overall awareness regarding nail diseases
- Promotion and enhancement of education regarding nail disorders and nail care
- Provision of educational programs and materials regarding nail disorders for physicians and other health care professionals
- Assisting health care professionals in the diagnosis and management of difficult nail disorders
- Provision of educational materials and programs regarding prevention and recognition of nail disorders to nail cosmetologists and the lay public
- Increase of quantity and distribution of both scientific and general publications related to nails
- Promotion of research related to nail diseases